Arbitrator Intelligence was pleased to support the XII Brazilian Arbitration and Mediation Moot, in conjunction with CAMARB – Câmara de Mediação e Arbitragem Empresarial – Brasil.
We congratulate all those who participated in this exciting competition, which took place from October 21 to 24, 2021.
For the first time in the history of the competition, participants completed surveys during the qualifying rounds, enabling them to share feedback about the arbitrators who listened to their pleadings and evaluate their performance.
The feedback, which was treated anonymously and did not identify arbitrators by name, provides an insight into factors such as:
- the number and nature of questions asked by the tribunal
- whether the tribunal requested case law citation
- whether the tribunal was flexible about time allocation
- how knowledgeable the tribunal was about the case
- the quality of feedback provided by the tribunal
- the oratory style preferred by the tribunal
The project was inspired by Arbitrator Intelligence’s recently improved and streamlined feedback collection survey, which encourages counsel and parties to provide feedback, which is used to produce reports about individual arbitrators.
We are pleased to share insights obtained from their feedback below.
We are grateful to Arbitrator intelligence Ambassadors Mayara Nunes, Aécio Filipe Mayara and Vitor Vieira, and to Lucas de Medeiros Diniz, Luciana Toledo and Raquel Marangon for their involvement in and support of this initiative.